Short Play Lab (a presentation of other people's short plays)
The UPSTART SHORT PLAY LAB. A chance for aspiring playwrights to present their original short plays at a FREE venue! Thursday, August 15 and 21, 8:00 pm at Rastro, Burgos Circle, BGC. Tickets at P950, which includes all the chosen plays and a free dinner! Deadline for submission of plays is July 25.
Rules and regulations:
- Deadline for submission of entries is Friday, July 25. (Multiple entries are not only allowed, but encouraged.) There is NO ENTRY FEE. Submit all plays to [email protected].
- Plays should be from 8 to 12 pages long, in English, Pilipino, or Taglish, in MS-Word, in standard playscript format. (12-point Times Roman; character names in the middle above each line of dialogue; line spaces between speeches and stage directions.)
- The plays to be included are chosen entirely at Upstart's discretion. All playwrights will retain full ownership of all the plays.
- If your script is chosen, you produce the play. We provide the venue (Rastro at Burgos Circle, Bonifacio Global City) plus technical support, box office, venue management, and dinner for all ticket holders.
- Every play gets 2 performances: one on Thursday, August 15, and another on Thursday, August 21, both at 8 pm. Tickets are only available from Upstart ([email protected] or [email protected]) and Rastro.
- Tickets to the show (which will include ALL the short plays in the series) are P950 each, inclusive of dinner. (Dinner service starts at 7 pm.)
- Each playwright gets 2 complimentary tickets for 1 of the show nights. (Dinner is not included for these tickets.)
- Every play gets one 30-minute tech rehearsal on the afternoon of August 15, to be scheduled according to the final show sequence. Rastro will provide discounted meals to all actors and production staff during the tech.
- THE MOST POPULAR PRODUCTION GETS A CASH PRIZE OF P5,000. (Winners will be determined at the box office after the second show, based on number of tickets sold.)
- And that's it! Start sending in those submissions now!
You might also like: